Thanksgiving is gone, and Christmas is upon us. While we moaned about seeing Christmas displays in August – TOO SOON – the reality is that Christmas is right around the corner. And before you finish the Christmas shopping, it’s time for the Christmas tree to go up.
If you’re one of those who likes to be Clark Griswold and chop down your own tree (and really, is there any other way?), here’s a list of Christmas tree farms throughout the New River Valley.
- Idyllwood Farms, Blacksburg – technically not a cut-your-own, but still a recognizable location that’s been serving the New River Valley since 1984. Pre-cut, along with wreaths for sale.
- Joes Trees, Newport – my personal favorite, Joe’s Trees is a great place to go and spend a couple of hours, wandering the many acres and getting lost among the trees. You can cut your own tree, or choose one of their pre-cut selections. They also have hayrides, and a full retail shop.
- Rifton Farm Nursery, Pilot – Recently featured in The Roanoke Times, they have 40+ acres of trees, ready to help you cut and load.
- Roll Out Farm, Pilot – Also located in Pilot, this farm has choose and cut options, pre-cut trees, and a full retail shop.
- Spruce Ridge Tree Farm, Newport – if you’ve ever been down Spruce Run Road in Newport, you’ve almost certainly noticed the seemingly miles and miles of trees available at Spruce Ridge Tree Farm.
- Sweet Providence Farm, Floyd – choose and cut at this farm in Floyd, and enjoy some of their delicious treats in their retail store. They also have a satellite location at Tanglewood Mall, in Roanoke.
There are plenty of other places throughout the New River Valley to get your Christmas tree this year – what are some of your favorites? Mention them in the comments and I’ll add them to this list!
This content is published under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.