If a school system closes a school, what happens?
- What happens to the building?
- how are buses rerouted?
- do you break up classrooms and send some kids to one school, and others to another?
- if teachers and administration aren’t needed elsewhere, what happens to those jobs?
- if you close the school and keep it “in-system”, there are maintenance and upkeep and utility costs. what do those cost versus keeping it open? I know there’s a difference, wonder how much.
- if Montgomery County grows like census figures project (writing from my phone and the link escapes me right now), does it make sense to keep these schools open and up-to-date in order to prepare for the future?
So many wrinkles.
This content is published under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.