It’s always fun to look back at the year and see what the most expensive sales in Montgomery County were during the year – and particularly interesting that this year, all five homes sold within $25000 of each other.
5. 2224 Birchleaf Lane, Blacksburg. Wyatt Farm, in Blacksburg, almost always ends up in a Top 5 post somewhere, so it’s no surprise to see it here this time, either. Listed by Coldwell Banker Townside, this custom-built home sold very quickly, going under contract in just four days at $700000. Amazing.
4. 3841 Buck Mountain Ridge, Blacksburg. Off and on the market since 2008, this property – listed by RE/Max 1st Realty – finally sold in 2013, for $700000. Spread out over 9 acres, this home in Brush Mountain West (just outside Blacksburg) should give the new owner PLENTY of space.
3. 207 Eakin St, Blacksburg. This house, just on the edge of downtown Blacksburg, has a real presence from the street. Set on a corner lot, the previous owner had done a fantastic remodel on all three floors. Listed by Coldwell Banker Townside, and sold for $705000.
2. 335 Airport Road, Blacksburg. Didn’t get a chance to see this one, but it’s not hard to see how a newer home like this one, located in downtown, wouldn’t sell quickly for $720000. This one took just a month to go under contract – but oh, the pictures! Listed by RE/Max 1st Realty.
And without further delay, the most expensive home that sold in Montgomery County in 2013 …
1. 343 Airport Road, Blacksburg. Also listed by RE/Max 1st Realty, this home was built for a builder’s family. 4000 square feet finished, with another 2000 square feet available to finish later, the home featured everything you’d expect from something at $725000, and with nearly an acre of land in downtown. Very nice.
So there you have it – the most expensive sales in Montgomery County in 2013. Any surprises? Just one, for me … it’s amazing that some of the photos were taken from a cell phone. The houses sold, so I guess my argument is tempered a bit, but professional photography, anyone?